Congratulations! You are expecting a baby- which means that the clock is ticking down on time to make preparations. Decorating and painting your nursery in just the right shade of blue (or is it pink?) can be more important than you might realise.
Studies show that colour can directly influence mood or emotions. So, when you begin to consider colour think about the amount of time you will spend in the nursery and how you want to feel when you are in the space…here are some basics on colour affects:
- Pink- a traditional baby girl colour for nurseries, is said to produce feelings of calm, romance, and femininity.
- Blue– A favourite for baby boys, is healing and calming.
- Yellow– Cheerful and energetic, this is a colour appropriate for either gender.
- Purple– Depending on shade, it can herald regality (deep hues) or create serenity (lilac and lavender).
- Brown– The colour of earth, creates a natural, grounded space.
- Green– Another note from nature, is refreshing and nurturing.
- Orange– Vibrant and warm, can create a modern feel.
- Red– Always a bold statement, whether paired with a black-and-white toile or with other primary colours.
Shade, hue, texture and finish will all add to the look of the finished product. Pair the perfect paint colour with wallpaper and you have the nursery of your dreams- and hopefully one that will make your new baby sleep sweetly as well! Of course, you have plenty of time and energy to tackle the project on your own…No, you don’t?
Allow our family to help you prepare for your expanding family! House Painters Perth has been part of the Perth, North Perth, Joondalup and Western Australia decorating community for more than 20 years. Our testimonials and gallery contain highlights of our talent, but we would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you personally about our craft.
We understand that this is an exciting time in your life, but it can also become stressful when you take on too many projects. We will be happy to apprise you of our full range of services and provide a quote for your consideration. We look forward to speaking with you when you contact us.